Tuesday 2 April 2013

DIY Bracelet Storage

First thing that i would introduce in this blog is....

Da dang! My first ever made DIY bracelet storage!

I have to admit, i rarely make anything nice with recycle stuff, so i'm v proud with myself this time to come up with this amazing idea of making myself a bracelet rack or whatever it should be called.

So, what i used was a small plastic container which is similar to the milk container which you'll get on the flight, stapler bullet, candles, a wine cock as the stand, and something for the base.

Basically i stab holes on the container to put in the stapler bullets which has been reassembled to form a |__/ shape as hooks. Then i use bluetag to make them stay wherever they should be staying and pour in hot candle wax to fill up the container. This would mark the finish of the upper part of the rack.

After the wax cool down, stick the wine cock horizontally with the container with the wax facing upwards. And glue the other end of the wine cock to the base, which should be something with some weight to stabilize the whole bracelet rack.

Lastly, put some decorations to cover up the wax at the open end of the container. I used papers to cut few layers of flower petals and assemble a nice yellow flower on top.


I know it's not like the perfect and super pretty bracelet rack but it works for me so, it's good enough! To make it looks even better, you can spray some colour on the surface so that it can look a little bit more professional but i can't be arsed to do that lol.

To me, it's functional and the overall wooden-ish colour looks really good so I'm happy with it =)



ps: I'm not like a professional blogger or tutor or whatsoever so bare with my amateur tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment