Friday 26 April 2013

"Penny, I'm Really Glad I Know You."

It's Friday Friday gonna get down on Friday~

Found a link to watch <Seeking a Friend for The End of The World> few days ago and finally watched it yesterday! It was a movie that i wanted to watch last year when i saw it's poster, but didnt get the time to do so therefore slowly it slipped off my mind. I was excited when i saw the link and thought i should watch it and see if it's good to be recommended.


Anyway, it was a story about two neighbours who never know each other until the end of the world is around the corner. I find it to be a very touching movie. It's romantic. And it shows that everyone is so lonely that when their time is coming to an end, they freak out and are terrified to be alone. As everybody's clock is ticking, any unusual things and crazy actions are rationalized by themselves.

It's not the kind of blockbuster movie. It doesn't have great explosions or heroic actions. It purely says a story about an average man and a gipsy type of girl. A beautiful story. A comedy, romance, drama and family movie.

SPOILERS ALERT. (Used a dark font everytime for a spoiler is to prevent people from accidentally reading it when they don't want to. Thoughtful? )

Love the first appearance of the dog, Sorry. I mean, the dog's name is Sorry haha. Isn't that briliant? People has problem to apologize and admit their mistakes all the time, and this dog, if you want to call him you have to say SORRY. I find it sarcastic yet heart-warming.

Also love the moment when they fall in love with each other. The music is good. Kinda romantic, kinda brightening their life a little bit. The meeting of father and son was touching as well. The music makes everything better.

Can't believe Dodge send Penny to her family and went back to prepare dying by his own. I almost cried. "All I need is the air that to breathe and to love you..." sings the background music. 

Love all the music in the movie. Vinyl records are vintage and cool. The lyrics of the songs said it all.

Love the last 5 minutes of the movie. The dialogues are amazing.

"I wish I'd met you a long time ago. When we were kids."
"It couldn't have happened any other way. It had to happen now."

"But it isn't enough time."
"It never would have been."

"I though we'd somehow saved each other."
"We did."

No comments:

Post a Comment