Tuesday 9 April 2013

DIY Plushies' Tissue Box

So yesterday i was thinking about what to write for today's post, the original thought was to share some of the creative and interesting furnitures i saw online, but that was because i had no new DIY products made. However, when it was like 8pm at night, i saw this cute little yellow platypus sitting on my shelf. It was a souvenir i bought from Japan ages ago, i bought it because the green bun at its mouth can be pulled out and it will kinda "eat" the bun back. Unfortunately, few months ago, the eating trick won't work anymore so i just put it on the shelf and leave it there. Sad case.


Looking at my favourite plush toy, i made up my mind. I'm gonna make it a useful toy instead of just lying there on the shelf and accummulates dust. So, i took out the scissors, glue and a packet of tissue. Guess what, I'm gonna make it a tissue box!

It was a simple surgery, first i cut the middle of its head following the seam line (Sorry for hurting you my platypus!). Just a hole that can fit the tissue in and took out the small tool that now failed to do the eating trick.


Then, you can pulled the string that attached to the green bun and glue the green bun to the mouth so that it won't fall out. Lastly, i took out some of the stuffing material so that the packet of tissue can fit in. And, that's it! Easy simple and quick as a wink =)


The photo shown is before i glue the mouth.

Anyway, thanks to the tissue box idea and my platypus can once again stay on my table. Even better now as it can provide me tissues!

ps: If u want to have some viariation, you can buy different colour of tissues, which can add more fun to this cute tissue box, i.e. the platypus can have different hair colour =P

No comments:

Post a Comment