Wednesday 17 April 2013

DIY Ombre Jeans

Ok so i am supposed to be talking about my DIY bleached jeans today. However looking at the result, i'm guessing i'll just talk about how i did it haha. It's not bad, just that i think i need to do more stuff to make it look fashionable when i wear it.

First step, u need to find a pair of unused jeans or a piece of jeans fabric to test the efficiency of the bleach+water mixture. The mixture ratio i used was 1 bleach+2water. I used one of my old denim shorts to do the testing and decide whether more bleach or more water should be added.

After the testing round, i am satisfied with everything so i put in my green jeans which i never really wear before as after i bought it i realize the colour is not exactly what i was aiming for. It's a little bit too yellowish thus too heavy and make my hips look big =.= I want to transform that jeans to make it something i will wear. My idea was to do an ombre jeans, which has a bleached lower part.


When i first put the jeans in the mixture, i put it too low which is why there is a stripe of light green in the middle after i adjust the portion of jeans in the mixture. I am a little bit worried but I'll just let it be for a while as i can't do anything to reverse that.


It is extremely normal to see uneven bleached spots during the first few minutes of the process.


My jeans took about 1 hour for the whole process. And i'm not sure why but the lowest part of the jeans seems to create it's own ombre style with that pale green underneath. That was a nice surprise. However, I'm not sure if it's a good proportion.


This is how it looks like after it's dried. I'm thinking maybe a second bleaching session will make it better. Next time, i'll bleach the whole jeans as i kinda like the bleached colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment