Wednesday 24 April 2013

My Handbags Criteria

Fashion Wednesday!

Today's theme will be... BAGS!

I am not a person who have lots of different types of bags for different occasion. I'm more of a one-bag-go-everywhere person haha. So when it comes to the point that i need to buy a bag, i'll make sure it matches with lots of outfits, mainly casual and smart-casual style.

Colour: I love original leather colour. The brown - dark brown series. People might ask, if i want to match all outfits, why dun i get a black bag. But the fact is, i dun like black bags. Especially dyed leather in black. If you get a black fake leather bag, it will start peeling off like a snake skin after a while. I once had a yellow leather sling purse which was a birthday present from a friend. And yes it's not usable now because of the reason i just said. Which is totally disgusting. So ya, if you want to get a leather skin bag, get an authentic one. Fake one is NASTY.

Material: Like i said just now. I like bags with some leather touch. Preferably soft leather. This is because i used to have lots of stuff to put in my bag when i was in uni, so a hard leather will not have the flexibility to stretch and fit all the stuff in. But this is a BAD practice! You are not supposed to stuff in lots of things into a handbag, it will accelerate the process of spoiling it. I learn that now, so I forbid my mum from putting a few bottle of water in my bag and she just NEVER gets it.

Size: I dun like small purse to hold in the hand when going out as i am very absent-minded. I hate large gigantic bag too as it makes me look 10 years older than my actual age. The best size would be medium. With at least 3-4 compartments. Dun like over-designed bag too cos it will be difficult to match with clothes. 


This is one of my favourite bag i had which i bought at the J. Ferry factory outlet. It's a Japan brand and i bought it at 50% discount price. It's now half-retired because the straps are broken-ish. Don't want to make it look too bad so i store it up in a hotel laundry bag for now. The leather is soft and this is the colour that i was talking about. It matches with all my outfits and the design was good too. It has lots of compartments inside so i won't mix up everything in the bag. I'm a very organised person so my least favourite bag would be Longchamp. I know it's very popular nowadays, almost everyone has one, fake or real. But i seriously hate it.


This would be the latest bag that i bought when i traveled to Spain with a friend after graduation. Bought it mainly due to the fact that it has a lot of England landmarks on the body of the bag. It can be hold by the leather handle or can be a cross body messenger bag =) And since i've understood the concept of do-not-overstuffed-the-bag, the bag still look brand new yey!

The next bag i'm going to get will be smaller than this one, as i'm no longer in uni so i don't have notes, bottle and pencil box to put in my bag. But still i need something with a handle to hold or long belt to make it a sling bag. Maybe something like a chanel classic flap bag? Oh well, maybe not now haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment