Monday 6 May 2013

The Black Monday

As some people are awared that yesterday was the voting day for Malaysia General Election 13, I went back to my hometown in muar to vote with my parents.

We woke up at 6.30 am so that we can vote early. Picked up my grandparents and went to the voting centre. A lot of ppl are already queuing. I was at the youngsters line as I think they arrange the queue according to age. We were excited because most of us are first time voters. The guy in front of me said he just came back from china on Saturday purely to vote. Although we dunno each other, we chat happily just because we have the same goal which is to transform malaysia to a better place by using our precious vote.

I inked my finger and checked my vote. Just to make sure I did everything correct. After voting, I can see a lot of ppl complaining their blue ink had already 50% gone. Some even manage to clean their finger spotless clean outside the voting centre. Well, although the newspapers and radios keep saying the ink is indelible, we are know what is the truth in our heart. 5 million ringgit is used to bought all the indelible ink. I believe there are real indelible ink in some area but maybe they blur and mistakenly used other ink, I dunno. Or maybe according to news on tv, apparently they nv shake the bottle properly.

Anyway, we are glad we voted. We can see all the supporters cheering on the street and its really like a big family. People with PAS flags are inside the bak kut teh shop (non-halal). Malays, Chinese and Indians all cheering for the same party. I'm proud of my people.

We went back to jb to have dinner and quickly rush home to check the voting result. The voting centre closed at 5pm, some earlier. The result start coming out at 7 plus or 8pm. All the results came out were from Sarawak, ppl there are very efficient. And as predicted, bn won most seats. However, results from west malaysia keep on delaying and delaying and delaying. During first count, according to unofficial results, PR won a lot of seats. They gain more than half state seats in Penang, selangor, perak, negeri sembilan, kelantan and Terengganu. Then suddenly, a lot of places blackout. People at those scenes saw cars trying to break into the counting centre. People took picture of boxes of mysterious votes in those cars. And suddenly, ppl who leads by 1k plus votes lost by 300 votes. We all know what happen, we just couldn't believe it.

In the end PR only gets 3 states and lost the parliament seats fight. People were pissed, frustrated, sad, disappointed on Facebook.

This election is transparent, because we all see what happens, regardless good or bad.

This election is a wake up lesson for us, first time voters. I believe a lot of us only start looking at politic stuff because of the election. Our parents always say politic is complicated, can get ugly and can be shocking. Now we know how ugly and shocking it can get.

Transformation is a long time fight. People have to continue making effort despite of the loss this time. It's like life, you have to try harder and harder each time no matter how hard u hit the ground and break ur nose.

I believe Malaysians are now stronger and united after the GE13. And we still hope for a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment