Monday 30 September 2013

Brunch At Little Diner

Just a simple review on Little Diner, which is a casual cafe located at bukit timah. It's actually quite difficult to park nearby as the road in front of the shop is not exactly wide enough therefore in the end of the day is about luck haha. We were really lucky as the second we drove in, a car parked right in front of the cafe was leaving. Hooray! Not difficult at all lol.

Anyway the interior of the shop is quite dim which is not really my cup of tea. However, the waitress serving us was really friendly. The time when we reached there isn't any table available for us so they actually set up another table for 4 for us at the back of the shop, which is actually really thoughtful. As we are extremely hungry ( at least I AM extremely hungry), we decided our order real fast. My bf is so hungry that he decided to mimic British slang while speaking English. Ya I know, make no sense at all.

The food was served real fast and because I was too hungry, I forgot to take pic of the very delicious fluffy omelette stuffed with wild mushrooms and truffle oil. I remembered Gordon Ramsay once said that he hates truffle oil but oh well I am not so professional so I'm good haha.   The toasts served at the side is also very good, soft and crunchy, love it!


These were what we ate, including supernova Benedict (New York style egg Benedict with smoked salmon), crab cake Benedict and red velvet pancakes. 

I find the toast under the eggs Benedict is kinda hard as it's a flat toast. However the crispy bacon in the crab cake one is nice. Also the crab cake is very Asian style which makes me feel like having a Vietnamese pho or some noodle soup haha. 


Close up of the red velvet pancakes. Served with honey/maple syrup, cream cheese, whipped cream and strawberry slices. Not exactly a wow but still good. Find the pancakes not fluffy enough. 

Overall is quite good in terms of the food, speed and services. As for the price, I think it's quite average for above average singapore cafe. Each dish costs about 10+ dollars. Hope you all enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment