Thursday 16 May 2013

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Toner

Hola people!

I mentioned about applying toner to close the pores on the face last time and therefore i will recommend a toner product today =)

Applying toner is a very very important step in facial care. I didn't know it until i researched about facial care products few years ago. And when i was determined to take good care of my face at 21 years old, i realize i need a good toner to make sure i don't wash my face for nothing. I mean, just imagine, if you don't close the door after chasing someone you hate out, he/she will be coming back in again. And yes, in this case, the someone will be the dirt and oil that accummulate on your face.

So, what i did was like how i look for a good hand cream. I went to Boots and tried all the testers I was interested in at the facial care area. Why Boots? Because it has everything inside. It's like Watson or Guardian here.

Anyway, i found this one product - Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Toner.


First, it is CHEAP. 200mL bottle pack for only 3 pounds! Second, the 3 NOs - no perfume, no alcohol and no colourants. Well, unlike hand cream, i prefer my toner to be as basic as possible. For people with sensitive skin, this will be suitable for you too as it will not irritate the skin. Third, it claimed to be enriched with soothing water lily extract and Pro-vitamin B5 therefore providing the soothing effect.

I've tested it at the counter and it does provide a refreshing feeling after applying it. Unlike other toners that contain alcohol, it doesn't tighten the skin like i'm on Botox or something. Also, it doesn't make the skin feel oily when you apply it. I literally feel like I'm applying plain water on my face, no irritation or anything. However when the toner is absorbed, it does make my skin feel smoother, which is the effect that i am looking for.

I've tried to look for it in Malaysia/Singapore, but i couldn't find it. When i look at the bottle, this product is produced in Poland and therefore I guess it is only sold in UK or other European countries. Which is VERY disappointing as I have almost finished this one and only bottle i got. I went to look for other substitution in a lot of places but doesn't seem to find anything similar. All toners i found here are all very heavy and give the oily and skin tightening feel. I'm guessing the market here is different from the European countries.

Please give me a shout if you know anywhere to get it in Malaysia/ Singapore!

Short update: Just found out i can get it on a website called echemist.co.uk. They do free delivery to a lot of countries so the price won't be ridiculous! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment