Friday 31 May 2013

SS: Easiest Way of Making Omurice

Good day people! I'm so excited as i just made a real perfect Omurice for lunch =) So ya, i'm gonna talk about my victorious attempt on making Omurice hahahah. It's actually not as difficult as it might look if u follow my tips lol.

The fried rice can be done in whatever way u like. I don't really like tomato base so i switch it to soy sauce with pepper. 

And for the egg, it is quite similar to making scramble eggs, but without the milk. Whisk the eggs and pour ALL into the pan under low fire. Then quickly scramble the eggs using the whisk, when it is 60-70% scrambled, leave it for few seconds for the base to form. Then, fold the egg into half with a spatula. Then slowly move the egg to the side of the pan by knocking on handle of the pan. It also help to slightly flip the egg. Lastly, when you think the omelette is nicely formed with no broken "skin", slowly pour the egg onto the rice. 


In japan, they will cut open the egg by gently drawing a long horizontal line with a knife. In my case, i cut the egg using the spoon, which achieve the same goal too.


I'm so proud of myself of making this dreamy omurice hahaha. Always wanted to eat a perfect omurice with nice fluffy eggs and here it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment