Wednesday 15 May 2013

Blogger, Author, Mr Dispenser

Hey guys, it's Wednesday already! Half-way through the week and i hope you are getting excited about the nearly-there weekends =)

Today, i'm going to share with you a new fb page/blog (Well in these days, people tend to have both) that i discovered recently. The writer is very precise, very humorous, and things he wrote make me smile (or start googling what he was talking about LOL. But let's just keep it as a secret).


Mr Dispenser. I think he's a UK thing as i knew his page from an ex-coursemate of mine back in UK. He wrote a book <Pills, Thrills, and Methadone Spills>. Based on the book title and his title, should be able to tell he is a pharmacist and the book was about drug and work stuff. Well, he's a community pharmacist, who we usually know them as retail pharmacist, or "the pharmacist who works in pharmacy like Watson/Guardian".

I like it when he talk about his daily job in that sarcastic style of humor. That is what i'm inspired to become: a pharmacist who works and enjoy telling people about the job. Which is why i quit my job in the hospital and look for retail pharmacist job. I want to help people and talk to them like a friend at the counter instead of looking at the patients' data and do something about it. At the end of the day, when i worked in hospital, i tend to know the patient's name, age, his blood pressure and heart rate as well as all his blood work and stuff yet i have completely no idea what he looks like. This is totally bad for me. When i can't link things together, i do things badly. Guess i have a Link-them-up! Compulsive Disorder (LCD).

Speaking of LCD, i recalled that in high school when i love Mathematics so much, i tend to imagine the equations or figures or the graph has some secret relationship which can help me to solve the question faster and probably get a Nobel prize lol. I guess things happen for a reason. I must have did something or being trained to be that way when i was small. Wonder what music my mum listen to when i was still in her tummy, probably not Classical music.

Oh well, let's go back to Mr Dispenser! I really think he wrote brilliantly regarding what happens in a community pharmacy. I can totally fit myself in his shoes (not literally of cos) as i used to work in  that environment too, as a trainee. Well, I'm guessing i can write in Chinese about stories happen in my pharmacy when i found a job, maybe here maybe another blog i dunno.

Anyway, please do have a look at his blog/fb page. Simply google Mr Dispenser and you'll get what you want. He has some brilliant quotes =)

No comments:

Post a Comment