Monday 29 July 2013

2nd visit: Passion Food Cafe & Bakery

Yes I visit this place again for lunch lol. This time I manage to get the say cheese burger haha! 

Not too much about the ambience and other stuff this time as I have already talked about it on my previous post. Just gonna focus on the food today :)


Cafe latte ordered by my bf. The small cookie was delicious! Very buttery which I like lol. Love the effort they made for the different foam art for every customer. 


I ordered the green tea latte. It tasted a bit weird at the beginning maybe because I never drink a proper green tea latte before. The previous experience was bad as it tasted like green tea flavored milk without any taste of coffee. Don't worry, it wasn't from here. Anyway, after a few sips, I tasted the light green tea taste together with my usual latte taste. And I got a different foam art from my bf's latte haha.

 
Egg Benedict ordered by my bf. It was very good actually. The poached eggs were nicely done with the right amount of sauce on top. When the dish was served, the eggs move like a really bouncy pudding haha. Love it. 


And finally the say cheese burger! However, it was a little bit disappointing. We both think that the le burger was actually nicer and juicier. The herb taste in the chicken was slightly too strong for us and therefore overpower the meat. However the bread was nice and soft. I like this bread more. 

As usual, we bought lots of cakes from here again lol. This time I tried strawberry soufflé cheese cake. It was nice. Very soft with sufficient taste of the cheese. Equally good as the strawberry garden cake. My bf's father said the white forest cake was too sweet for him as it was a white chocolate cake lol. As for the durian boat, the durian taste was not rich enough. 

I think they really make great strawberry cakes and tiramisu. But for the others, might still need to explore a little bit more.  Not really feel like trying their macaroons as I find them to be too flat. Doesn't look as nice as the one I ate before. But oh well, the one i ate was from Pierre Hermes which is like the branded macaroons in Europe lol. 6 pieces for 15 pounds. They have to be great lol. 

Anyway, just realize passion food they sell breads in weekdays too. Might go and get it some day when I have chance to go there next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment