Wednesday 17 July 2013

Patisserie Love

I visited a newly opened dessert place recently. It's the 2nd branch of Passion Food Cafe but with different concept. PF is a cafe which serve meals while PL is more like Starbucks concept but the main attractions are the cakes and cupcakes. 

The environment is quite relaxing with minimal but sufficient decorations. However I think they can provide more sofa seats instead of the wooden chairs. The background music is soothing. The selections of cakes and cupcakes are quite a lot. The drinks menu is quite good too. The staffs are very friendly and helpful, very good customer services.

As I am full when I was there, I only ordered a coffee and sit there with my bf reading the free magazines provided. We managed to get the sofa seats so no complaints haha. 


Speed of serving is normal. Not particularly fast but they do make some effort on the latte I ordered haha. Love the bear lol. I ordered hazelnut latte and it taste good. I notice the syrups they use are same as the one in Starbucks/ coffeebean, not sure which one though lol.

I bought 4 cakes for takeaway as they having the opening offer, which I get 50% off the 2nd cake I bought. So I paid for the price of 3 cakes for 4 haha. 


Bailey's misu. Their original version by twisting the tiramisu recipe by adding bailey liquor instead. It's the most expensive cake I bought, cost RM9.90. The taste was alright with sufficient generous amount of mascarpone cheese. However I don't like the container of the cake as I can't really dig out the cheese at the corners. 


Tiramisu. Again the container lol. However the taste was good. My bf complain about the chocolate powder on top as its v easy to get choked when eating. Maybe they can put little bit less of that. 


Strawberry cake. This is my favorite among 3 as the sponge cake is really soft with cream in between with strawberry chunks. I think they can put more strawberry chunks. The flower icing thing taste good too. 

The last cake I bought was Black Forest but it was eaten by my mum so can't comment on that really haha. My mum said it was good as it's not too sweet for her. 

That's all for the review and hopefully I get to visit PF soon as I'm really interested in the cheese burger they selling haha. Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment