Monday 9 September 2013

Cheesecake with caramel sauce

This time, I made something more complex than what I baked previously. It consist of 3 parts :)

Biscuits base:
I estimate the amount of biscuits I need by spreading the un-crushed little biscuits into the mould. Then I liquify the butter and mix together with the crushed biscuits and some sugars. Taste and adjust the flavor and required butter. Make sure the butter is sufficient to hold the biscuits together. After that just use something to compress the base onto the mould or in my case the cupcake paper. Then, just put it in fridge.

The cheesecake:
I used 200g of cream cheese, mix with 1 egg and a tablespoon of milo and sugar for flavoring purpose. And that's all u need to do lol. Scope the mixture onto the cold biscuit base and put it in oven. I still haven't gotten the way to prevent the cheesecake from cracking, but anyway I think the timing is crucial. I suspect 10-15 minutes under 170 degree is sufficient to make it cooked. However, a larger mould will need more time. The timing I provided is based on the size of cupcake mould.

Caramel sauce:
150g of sugar in sauce pan to make it melt and boiled. U can stir a bit to make the sugar evenly heated. But when it start melting, just use the handle of the pan to shake it gently. You will achieve a nice amber colour when the sugar is completely caramelized. Then, add in 50g butter and stir it. Lastly just add in sufficient amount of heavy cream by observing the texture of the mixture. You will want to achieve a slightly sticky and half transparent liquid. Then just pour into the container to cool it down. Heat up the amount you needed for the cake and store the rest in the fridge :)


And this, is my first cheesecake attempt :) not as creamy as I wanted as I slightly overbaked it but still look great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment